- All members must be able to swim the length of the pool without touching the sides, ropes, or bottom of pool.
- All swim team members must conduct themselves in a safe and sportsmanlike manner.
- No roughhousing or dangerous play will be tolerated.
- No one will be allowed in the pool before practice or after practice. The pool opens at noon. A lifeguard will be on duty at that time.
- During a meet, all swimmers must remain in the designated "zoo" area so that they can be located quickly for their events.
- Swimmers must advise the coach in writing by Monday if the swimmer will not be swimming in that week's meet. Also, notify the coach in writing if a swimmer will miss practices or meets for an extended period of time.
- Parents need to advise a board member as early as possible if they cannot fulfill their meet duties so a replacement may be found.
Any Member, Parent, Player, Coach, or Spectator participating or attending any meet, practice, or other event affiliated with the BTB Swim Team shall abide by the following Code of Conduct.
Suburban Swim League Parent’s Code of Conduct The Suburban Swim League (“SSL”) seeks to instill positive character building traits in our communities’ youth through the demonstration of good sportsmanship, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and good citizenship. We ask that parents and their guests attending SSL sponsored events help us by reflecting these character traits at swim meets.
When attending SSL sponsored events, I therefore agree:
● I will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy for all athletes, coaches, stroke and turn judges(“officials”), and spectators at every meet and/or practice.
● I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, athlete, or parent such as using profane language or gestures, etc.
● I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and wellbeing of the athletes.
● I will teach my child to play by the spirit of the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
● I will demand that my child treat other athletes, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, sex, or ability.
● I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participant for making a mistake.
● I will respect the officials and their authority during meets and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches or officials at the pool, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
● I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
● I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
● Verbal warning by a team representative, head coach, and/or member of the league organization
● Written warning
● Parental meet suspension with written documentation of incident
● Removal of swimmer from the meet with an official DQ
● Parental season suspension